The Cylindo and Google Analytics pairing is a simple integration with multiple benefits.
In short, the Cylindo and Google Analytics integration allows you to track how users engage and convert while using the Cylindo 360 HD Viewer and Cylindo AR.
By connecting Cylindo to your company’s Google Analytics account, you gain useful knowledge about your data. In return, that means you can:
- Measure the direct impact Cylindo has on your business
- Tailor the customer experience with personalized campaigns
- Gain valuable insights as to how visitors interact with product pages (PDP)
Once you connect Cylindo to your Google Analytics account, you can make your own custom-made Google Analytics dashboard or import the premade Cylindo dashboards to start receiving valuable insights almost immediately.
We recommend you contact your assigned Customer Success Manager and let them know you are interested in integrating Cylindo with Google Analytics. Your Customer Success Manager can offer additional guidance through the process and tell you more about Cylindo and Google Analytics best practices.
For personalized recommendations on how to make the most of your Cylindo and Google Analytics integration, we recommend giving access to email@example.com.
What’s being measured?
At a basic level, the solution measures whenever:
- The Cylindo 360 HD Viewer loads
- The Cylindo 360 HD Viewer is seen in the viewport by the visitor
- The visitor interacts with the Cylindo 360 HD Viewer
The interactions being measured are the following:
- The user enters full screen in the Cylindo 360 HD Viewer
- The user engages with the Cylindo 360 HD Viewer zoom button
- The user engages with the Cylindo 360 HD Viewer spin button
- The user customizes products with the Cylindo 360 HD Viewer
For products that have Cylindo AR enabled, the interactions being measured are the following:
- The Cylindo AR button is loaded
- The Cylindo AR button is seen in the viewport by the visitor
- The Cylindo AR button is clicked
- Cylindo AR is launched
How does Cylindo send data to your company’s Google Analytics account?
You can use either the Google Tag Manager (GTM) dataLayer integration, or choose to send the data directly to your GA property using analytics.js.
With GTM, we always use the window.dataLayer.push and the event trigger cylindoEvent, so that it is easy for you to use in other marketing platforms if you have the need.
An event via the dataLayer looks like this:
'event' : 'cylindoEvent',
'eventCategory' : 'Cylindo',
'eventAction' : 'Zoom',
'eventLabel' : 'Cylindo360',
'eventValue': undefined, 'dimension1':
'Engaged Cylindo360', 'metric1': 1