Use your photoreal content in product recommendations to show more and sell more products
Product recommendations allow customers to find relevant products quickly and easily by generating personalized offers based on the individual’s browsing and purchasing behavior. You can also show items purchased by “like-minded” visitors.
Research from Salesforce shows that shoppers that clicked on recommendations are 4.5x more likely to add these items to their cart, and 4.5x more likely to complete the purchase. They also spend more time on the site, 12.9 minutes, as opposed to only 2.9 minutes for those who didn’t click on recommendations.
What is the product recommendation feature?
With the Cylindo Content API, you can leverage photorealistic visuals and embed them in the product recommendation widget on your e-commerce platform, creating a unified end-to-end furniture buyer journey that cross-sells more products.
Recommendations are one of the top three most widely adopted features out of the 10 we’ve analyzed for our Top 100 USA Furniture Retailers report - 91% of the furniture retailers have some sort of recommendation feature on their product pages. Most of them are about related products from the same collection, but a few companies have advanced recommendation engines, for a more personalized experience.
Some of the most popular and most effective recommendation algorithms are:
- You might also like - Recommendations based on buyer behavior. It gives customers tailored product offerings based on their previous shopping habits.
- Visitors who viewed this product also viewed - Recommendations for similar products based on other buyer behavior.
- Recently viewed - Recommendations based on a buyer’s browsing history. If someone has checked out a product, it means that they were interested in it to some extent, showing them a list of recently viewed products can remind them about a product they liked, but for some reason haven’t bought yet.
- Products from the same collection - Recommendations from the collection that the customer is browsing. This type of recommendation is a great opportunity for cross-selling.
- Create a personalized shopping experience
- Cross-sell more products
- Engage visitors to keep them on your website longer
How is it done?
Here is how our client Man of Parts uses Cylindo’s photorealistic visuals to retain it’s website visitors with relevant product recommendations. With a slightly different approach than the common “you might also like,” Man of Parts recommends products from the same designer that created the product the visitor is currently viewing.
For more information on integration requirements, code examples, and functions refer to the Content API documentation.